Welcome to Chartwells K12 Food Service.
Serving up Happy and Healthy.
We are a food service management company for Eastern Greene Schools.
SY 2021-2022 Meal Prices Lunch Breakfast
Elementary Students $2.55 no charge
High School Students $2.85 no charge
Adult Staff $4.60 $2.50
Adult Guest $4.60 $2.50
Extra Entrée $2.00
Full NDS for Child Nutrition Programs
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved all schools to offer free breakfast to all students regardless of income.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Students must take the required components to make a reimbursable meal in order for it to be free. How students make a reimbursable meal will be posted/displayed in the cafeteria or during meal delivery. The cashier or other school staff will help students take a full reimbursable meal.
- If students purchase extras (such as a bottled drink) available in the serving line, a la carte (such as a singular milk or entree), snacks from vending machines, etc.,the student will be charged for these items. If your student intends to purchase items other than a meal, please make sure there are adequate funds on their account.
- Families that believe they would qualify for free and reduced meals normally, should still submit a free meal application as this can help with qualifying for other assistance programs for the family and student. Benefits from completing applications stretch far beyond the cafeteria and impact students in the classroom and at home. All information submitted in these applications is private and confidential.
Procedure for Student Lunch/Meal Accounts
The National School Lunch Program (NSLP) requires school food authorities to establish written administrative guidelines and procedures for meal charges. Eastern Greene School Corporation will adhere to the following meal charge procedure.
• All cafeteria purchases are to be prepaid before meal service begins. We accept cash, check or you can add money on MySchoolBucks.
• A student may charge up to 0 meals maximum as long as they establish and maintain a good credit history of making payments on their food service accounts.
• A staff member may charge up to $5 as long as they establish and maintain a good credit history of making payments on their food service accounts.
• A student who has charged a meal may not charge or purchase "a la carte" item(s), including extra main entrees.
• If a student repeatedly comes to school with no lunch and no money, food service employees must report this to the building principal as this may be a sign of abuse or neglect and the proper authorities should be contacted.
• The food service manager or other school personnel will coordinate communications with the parent(s)/guardian(s) to resolve the matter of unpaid charges.
• If food services staff suspects that a student may be abusing this policy, written notice will be provided to the parent(s)/guardian(s) that if he/she continues to abuse this policy, the privilege of charging meals will be refused.
• Food service manager will also email letters each week to parents of students who carry negative balances of $1 and above.
• Students who graduate or withdraw from the corporation are given the option to transfer the funds to another student or to receive a refund. If no response is received within 30 days the student’s lunch/meal account will close and the funds will no longer available. Unclaimed remaining balances will be transferred to school lunch fund.